Has it been a while since you’ve seen your dentist? Do you desperately need some dental work done? With the economy just starting to inch its way back to health, we know an awful lot of folks who have been putting off much-needed dental work, sometimes for months or even years. While putting off seeing the dentist can save some money in the short-term, we always warn people that it often just leads to very, very big bills later down the line.
If you need affordable dental care, here’s one suggested alternative to putting off seeing your dentist: dental clinical trials. Dental schools and universities often need volunteers to test new dental treatments or procedures. If you volunteer for a dental clinical trials, you can often get dental work that you need done for free.
A word of warning, though. Since dental clinical trials are usually studying one particular area of dentistry, they usually will only provide the free dental care needed for their study, so if you are interested in participating in a clinical trial for free dental care you will need to find a trial on the kind of care you need.
Here’s a list of dental trials current going on: NIH List of Dental Trials
Have you ever participated in a dental clinical trial? Tell us about it!
- Dental School Clinics: Affordable, Quality Dental Care Even if You Don't Have Dental Insurance
- Is Dental Tourism an Option For Affordable Dental Care?
- Affordable Dental Care: Are Dental Discount Plans Worth It?
- One More Option for Free and Low-Cost Dental Care: Mobile Dental Clinics
- Need to Keep Your Healthcare Affordable? Take Care Of Your Teeth!