The Feral Cat Coalition of Oregon is holding free spay/neuter clinics for feral and stray cats in the four county region-Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington and Clark-through the entire month of May. Space is limited, so call today!
Why May? In the spring months, cats begin to breed and are more likely to produce kittens. Cats can reproduce as early as five months old, but can be safely spayed and neutered at two months old. Spaying and neutering cats and earlier in the year will prevent countless litters of unwanted kittens born in the community.
Deborah from Portland brought twenty cats into the FCCO clinic in April, thirteen of which were female. Left unaltered, the colony could have grown by 52 cats this spring! Deborah is relieved that the population of the feral cat colony has stabilized and there won’t be any more kittens this spring.
What can you do? If you or someone you know if feeding feral or stray cats, call 503-797-2606 or go to www.feralcats.com for more information.
Have you been trying to find a free spay/neuter clinic? Tell us about it in our discussion forum!
- Elvis the Cat: ASPCA Offers Free Spay/Neuter Services in New York City
- Elvis the Cat: Remote Area Medical Brings the “Big Fix” Free Spay and Neuter Veterinary Clinic to Cosby, Tennessee Sept. 18-19
- Elvis the Cat: Amanda Foundation Offers Free Mobile Spay/Neuter Services For All Pets in Los Angeles
- Elvis the Cat: Free Cat Rabies Clinic in Middletown, New Jersey on September 17th
- Valley Veterinary Non-Profit: (Really) Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Services in Simi Valley, California