On July 27the and 29t, Maimonides Cancer Center is hosting a free Breast Cancer Screening, including a clinical breast exam and mammogram, for women 40 and over — a high-risk population in Brooklyn.
The screening will take place from 10 AM to 1 PM at the Maimonides Cancer Center, 6300 8th Avenue in Brooklyn.
Pre-registration is required. Call 718-283-7429 or visit the website at www.maimonidesmed.org. for more information and or to register.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams. Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, and leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women ages 40 to 55. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Free Mammograms in Redding, California July 28th… Register by Friday!
- 24 Hours of Free Mammograms in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area April 28th to April 29th
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Offers Free Mammograms in June!
- Highland Breast Imaging Center in Rochester, NY Offers Free Mammograms May 14th
- Free Mammograms for Uninsured Women in New York City May 31st