If you live in Los Angeles and haven’t had your flu shot yet, we’ve got some great incentive for you to finally get one. The Immunize LA Families Coaliation is sponsoring free flu shot clinics in South Los Angeles through November 2nd.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu shots for most people over the age of 6. Flu shots retail for about $30 apiece at most major drugstore chains like CVS and Walgreens, so if you haven’t gotten one yet, this is a great opportunity to get free flu shot for your family.
If you don’t live in Los Angeles, here are some other options for free or low-cost flu shots:
Here are some free or low-cost options for flu shots this year:
Your Local Department of Health: Most local departments of health offer free flu shots to those who qualify (usually, seniors, the uninsured, low-income adults, and/or children).
Community Free Health Clinics: Community free health clinics usually offer free flu shots to uninsured and/or low-income adults.
Medicare: Medicare covers flu shots for seniors without a copayment or deductible. If you belong to a Medicare HMO, you may be required to go to a specific location to get your free flu shot, but if you are covered by original Medicare your flu shot will be covered at any doctor’s office or pharmacy that accepts Medicare (most do).
Have you gotten your flu shot this year yet? Tell us about it!
- Flu Season’s Around the Corner: Where to Find Free and/or Low-Cost Flu Shots
- Free Mammograms, Flu Shots, Vision/Hearing Screenings and Cancer Screenings, October 7th in New Jersey
- Free Healthcare Returns to Los Angeles: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Clinic Visits Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington D.C.
- Link Of The Day: Georgia Free Clinic Network (GFCN)
- Back to School: Free or Affordable Vision Care and Glasses? Mobile Vision Clinics May Be Able to Help You