Good news for women in the Amarillo, Texas area… Amarillo, Texas’ free mammogram program is expanding, and they are signing up new folks for the program. What’s more, the free mammogram program is coming soon to a town near you.
In order to quality for the free mammogram program, women:
Must live in the top 26 Texas counties
Must be uninsured or under-insured
Must have photo ID
Must show income verification
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams. Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, and leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women ages 40 to 55. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Have you had your mammogram this year yet? Tell us about it!
- Free Mammograms and Follow-Up in Galveston, Texas March 21st and 28th
- Free Mammograms at the ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic in Silver Springs, Maryland April 6th
- Free Mammogram Breast Cancer Screenings Available in Delaware in October
- We Care Free Mammogram Clinic at Desert Hot Springs Senior Center on August 18th
- Free Mammograms For Uninsured Women in Rochester, New York on September 17th