If you’re a woman in need of a mammogram in the Galveston area, check this one out. The D’Feet Breast Cancer program will provide free screening mammograms and free follow-up care for Galveston County women ages 40-64 and those at high risk for breast cancer Monday and March 28 at Victory Breast Diagnostics, 2211 FM 646 W.
The one catch is that you need to make an appointment first. Call ahead for financial screening and to schedule an appointment at 409-938-2291 or 409-938-2327.
Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, exceeded only by lung cancer. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital Offers Free Mammograms January 15, February 19, March 19 in Cleveland, Ohio
- MusiCares Offers Free Mammograms on January 18th in Austin, Texas
- Free Mammograms Still Available In Secaucus, New Jersey Until October 30th
- Mobile Mammography Vans Can Bring Free and Low-Cost Mammograms To You
- Kennedy Health Offers Free Mammograms in New Jersey During December