Free mammogram alert for next Wednesday! The ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic of Silver Springs, Maryland is offering free mammograms on on April 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic already provides free basic medical care on the last Sunday every month, but this special free mammogram event is a big bonus for anyone in the Maryland-D.C. area who hasn’t had a breast cancer screening recently.
You are eligible for the mammogram program if you:
· Are age 40 and over
· Have not had a mammogram in the past 12 months
· Have not experienced breast symptoms such as a lump or breast pain
· Do not have breast implants
· Have not been treated previously for breast cancer
· Have a Primary Care Physician (necessary)
Mammograms are free for those women who meet financial eligibility requirements!
ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic
15300 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20905
Call 202-341-8696 to make an appointment for a mammogram.
Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, exceeded only by lung cancer. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Where are you having your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Free Mammograms and Follow-Up in Galveston, Texas March 21st and 28th
- More Information on Remote Area Medical (RAM) Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Sacramento April 1st Thru April 4th
- Remote Area Medical to Provide Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Sacramento, April 1st to 4th
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) To Provide Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Sacramento April 1st to 4th
- Free Mammogram and Pap Smears in Palm Springs on February 19th