One more head’s up before Memorial Day! Project Renewal and Senator Jose M. Serrano are offering free mammogram screenings to all eligible women on May 31st in New York City. Project Renewal’s Scan Van will be at the Leonard Cohen Senior Center at 312 East 109th Street in New York City on Tuesday, May 31st from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The free mammograms are available to women who are 40 years of age or older who have not had a mammogram in the last year. The mammograms are FREE for women without health insurance. Health insurance (inculding Medicare and Medicaid) is accepted, and all co-pays and deductibles will be waived.
Appointments are required for a mammogram. Call 1-800-564-6868 for a mammogram appointment.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams.Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, exceeded only by lung cancer. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Free Mammograms at the ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic in Silver Springs, Maryland April 6th
- Nashville General Hospital Offers Free Mammograms to Uninsured Women in May
- Free Mammograms and Follow-Up in Galveston, Texas March 21st and 28th
- Free, Convenient Mammograms Are Available, Why Don’t Women Take Advantage?
- Highland Breast Imaging Center in Rochester, NY Offers Free Mammograms May 14th