I know everyone is gearing up for the holidays, but this is a great opportunity for women in the Columbia, South Carolina area who need mammograms. St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church together with Palmetto Community Health Services will offer free mammograms from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 9th at the the church at 900 Calhoun Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201.
Women must be 40 years of age or older to qualify, and the event is open to insured, underinsured & uninsured women who register and reside in Lexington, Richland & Fairfield counties. Insured women must have a prescription from a physician for a mammogram and provide identification and a health insurance card.
Preregistration is required, so register now! Appointments are limited and must be made by Tuesday, December 6th. Participants MUST pre-register via Palmetto Health Community Services. Please call (803) 296-3485.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams. Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, and leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women ages 40 to 55. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Orange Regional Offers Free Mammograms in the Hudson Valley on December 3rd… Register Now!
- Free Breast Cancer Screenings and Mammograms in Brooklyn on July 27th and 29th… Register Now!
- Southern California Witness Project Offers Free Mammograms on October 14th… Register Now!
- Free Mammograms in Redding, California July 28th… Register by Friday!
- Free Mammograms in the Bronx on Sunday, November 20th… Register Now!