The free mammograms will be administered on October 21st at the Little Red Door Cancer Agency, 1801 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 from 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
If you are interested in a free mammogram, you must preregister by October 7th; availability is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Call (317) 925-5595 x321 to schedule appointments.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams. Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, and leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women ages 40 to 55. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Free Mammograms and Follow-Up in Galveston, Texas March 21st and 28th
- Free Breast Cancer Screenings and Mammograms in Brooklyn on July 27th and 29th… Register Now!
- Free Mammogram Breast Cancer Screenings Available in Delaware in October
- Free Mammogram Event in Murray, Utah on August 15th… Register Now!
- Free Mammograms at the ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic in Silver Springs, Maryland April 6th