The Screening And Survivor Support for Breast Cancer is sponsoring a free Mammography Day on March 22 at Licking Memorial Hospital in Newark, Ohio. Free mammograms will be offered to women age 40 and older with financial need who are not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid.
Appointments for the free mammograms may be made by calling LMH Central Scheduling at (740) 348-4722.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams. Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, and leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women ages 40 to 55. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Where are you getting your mammogram this year? Tell us about it in our forum!
- Free Mammograms/Breast Screenings in St. Charles, Missouri on March 13th
- UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital Offers Free Mammograms January 15, February 19, March 19 in Cleveland, Ohio
- Reminder: Free Mammograms and Health Screenings are Women’s Health Day in Ohio on March 17th
- Free Mammograms and Follow-Up in Galveston, Texas March 21st and 28th
- Free Mammograms, Health Screenings at Women’s Health Day in Ohio, March 17th