The Outer Banks Hospital in Nags Head, North Carolina is offering free Screening Mammograms for uninsured and underinsured Dare County residents. This free mammogram program is funded by the hospital’s Get Pinked! Campaign. Doctors advise women to have a yearly mammogram and pap tests starting at age 40 and earlier if they have a family history of breast cancer.
Pre-screening and an appointment are required for a free mammogram. Call 449-5918 for an appointment. The details:
Date: April 25, 2012Time: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: The Outer Banks Hospital
4800 S. Croatan Hwy.
Nags Head, NC 27959
For more details on the free mammogram program, call 449-5918.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams. Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, and leading cause of cancer-related deaths in women ages 40 to 55. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
Where are you getting your mammogram this year? Tell us about it in our forum!
- Free Mammograms in Durham, North Carolina on April 11th
- 24 Hours of Free Mammograms in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area April 28th to April 29th
- Free Mammograms and Pap Tests in Ohio in April
- Free Mammograms at the ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic in Silver Springs, Maryland April 6th
- Free Mammograms For Uninsured Women in Rochester, New York on September 17th