On August 18, Planned Parenthood Arizona is hosting a free mobile mammography clinic and community fair at its Central Phoenix Health Center. Sponsored by a grant from the Phoenix affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Saturday clinic aims to promote early screening and detection, when health concerns — if present — are most likely to be treatable.
In order to qualify for a free mammogram, prospective patients must meet the following requirements:
must be 40 years or older;
must be uninsured or underinsured;
have not had a mammogram in the last year;
not currently breastfeeding or pregnant;
not eligible for AHCCCS or the Arizona Department of Health Services Well-Woman Health Check program.
The clinic will run from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, August 18, at Planned Parenthood’s Central Phoenix Health Center. Appointments are recommended. A limited number of walk-in slots will also be available. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, you can call 602-277-PLAN (7526).
If you’re unable to attend the clinic but are interested in learning what types of breast cancer screening would be appropriate for you, you can contact your nearest Planned Parenthood health center to discuss your options.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it in our discussion forum!
- Free Mammograms In Arizona on August 13th… Make an Appointment Now!
- Free Mammograms and Women’s Clinics in Vermont on July 20th and August 17th… Make an Appointment Now!
- Free Mammograms for Uninsured Women on June 9th… Make an Appointment Now!
- Free Mammograms for Uninsured Women in New York City on June 3rd… Make an Appointment Now!
- We Care Free Mammogram Clinic at Desert Hot Springs Senior Center on August 18th