Quick generic drug approval bulletin for today. If you or a loved one suffers from breast cancer, this generic drug alert is for you. Sun Pharmaceuticals has announced that the Food and Drug Administration has approved the release of its generic anastrozole tablets, a generic version of AstraZeneca’s prescription drug Arimidex which treats postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive early breast cancer.
According to the National Institutes for Health (NIH), early breast cancer usually does not cause symptoms. As the breast cancer grows, symptoms may include breast lumps, changes in the size, shape or feel of the breast or nipple, and fluid coming from the nipple.
Considering a thirty-day supply of brand-name Arimidex is currently running more than $425, generic anastrozole tablets could easily be a major savings for many breast cancer patients and their families.
Does someone in your family use Arimidex? Tell us about it!
- Generic Drug Alert: FDA Approves New Generic Version of Breast Cancer Drug Femara
- Generic Drug Alert: Mylan Will Launch Generic Version of Breast Cancer Drug Femara
- Generic Drug Alert: FDA Approves Generic Version of Precose for Type 2 Diabetes
- Generic Drug Alert: FDA Approves Generic Version of Famvir To Treat Herpes
- Generic Drug Alert: FDA Approves Generic Version of Epilepsy Drug Neurontin