Quick generic drug approval bulletin for today. If you have a family member or other loved suffers from ulcers or heartburn, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has given Wockhardt final approval for pantoprazole tablets, a generic version of Pfizer’s prescription drug Protonix which treats ulcers and hyperacidity (heartburn). According to the Mayo Clinic, the possible consequences of untreated ulcers include burning pain, vomiting of blood, bloody stools, nausea, vomiting, unexplained weight loss, and appetite changes.
Considering a thirty-day supply of brand-name Protonix is currently running about $160, generic pantoprazole could easily be a major savings for the families of many ulcer patients, so if someone in your family suffers from ulcers and is on Protonix, you should ask their doctor if they are an appropriate candidate for the Protonix generic counterpart.
Does someone in your family use Protonix? Tell us about it!
- Generic Drug Alert: FDA Approves Generic Version of Lithobid
- Generic Drug Alert: FDA Approves Generic Version of Lovenox Blood-Thinner
- FDA Approves Generic Version of Blood Pressure Drug Plendil (Felodipine)
- Court Blocks Release of Generic Version of Anti-Depressant Paxil CR
- FDA Approves Generic Version of Aricept for Alzheimer’s To Be Sold Immediately