Bad news on the generic Lipitor front. Pfizer, the maker of Lipitor and Teva Pharmaceuticals have settled their bitter fight over the release of generic versions of Lipitor in England. And if you were thinking you were going to be able to save some money by ordering generic Lipitor from England in the next few months, well… you’re going to have to wait until next year.
Teva had launched its generic version of Lipitor in England in June, but in settling with Pfizer, Teva has agreed not to release any more of their generic version of Lipitor in England until May of 2012.
And don’t think that you can buy up the generic Lipitor that’s already on pharmacy shelves in England, that’s also a no go. The settlement also included a promise from several U.K. wholesalers and pharmacies to hang onto supplies of Teva’s generic version of Lipitor until that date.
Have you found a source for cheaper, more affordable Lipitor? Tell us about it!
- Generic Lipitor News: Pfizer Settles Lawsuit Over Generic Lipitor
- Pfizer Files Lawsuit to Block Low-Cost, Generic Lipitor… When Will Generic Lipitor Hit the Market?
- Generic Lipitor Will Be Available Next Spring …. In France
- Generic Drug News: Ranbaxy Still Plans to Sell Generic Lipitor in November
- Will Over-The-Counter Lipitor Be An Alterantive to Generic Lipitor?