Highland Breast Imaging Center in conjunction with the Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester and the Cancer Services Program of Monroe County are celebrating Mother’s Day by offering free mammograms to women 40 and older who do not have health insurance or their health insurance does not cover mammograms. The date is Saturday, May 14th, 2011 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Highland Breast Imaging Center, 500 Red Creek Drive, Suite 130, Rochester, NY 14623.
Massage therapists will be on hand to provide a free 10-minute chair massage after your mammogram.
Schedule your appointment with a friend or family member and receive a “buy one get one free” certificate for lunch at Lorraine’s Food Factory. Parking is free and refreshments will be provided. Please call Highland Breast Imagaing at 487-3300 to make an appointment in advance.
The American Cancer Society recommends that women receive an annual mammogram starting at age 40, obtain an annual clinical breast exam by a healthcare professional and perform monthly breast self-exams.Breast cancer is the disease many women fear the most, and early detection and treatment can dramatically improve a woman’s chances of survival. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women, exceeded only by lung cancer. If detected early – and mammography is the best way to do that – the five-year survival rate for patients is more than 90 percent.
When are you getting your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Highland Breast Imaging Center Offers Free Mammograms in Rochester, New York on February 12, 2011
- St. Mary’s Breast Center Offers Free Mammograms In Evansville, Indiana on Saturday
- Atrium Medical Center Offers Free Mammograms in Cincinnatti, Ohio Area
- Free Mammograms at the ANWA Basic Free Medical Clinic in Silver Springs, Maryland April 6th
- Kennedy Health Offers Free Mammograms in New Jersey During December