We were lucky this year, and able to spend the holiday in the warm Christmas glow of family and friends, but when we read we read n8rboy’s blog on DailyKos.com we had to give a little extra thanks. You see, n8rboy’s oldest son is an independent video producer. Who, by the way, does great work:
But of course he has no health insurance, since in this country we get that from our employers, and he technically has no employer.
So when my wife asked him what he wanted for Christmas, we expected the usual – more RAM for his computer, a new lens for his camera, etc.
What he asked for was a dentist and an optometrist.
Apparently he’s had a toothache for a few months now, and his vision has changed so he can’t see well with his 5-year old glasses.
Did you ask for healthcare for Christmas? Tell us about it!
- Healthcare Reform: Applying for the New Interim High-Risk Health Insurance Pool for Americans with Pre-Existing Conditions
- Healthcare Reform: Will The Interim High-Risk Health Insurance Pools Cover Abortion?
- Healthcare Reform and Pre-Existing Conditions: What’s the Hold-Up With the Interim High-Risk Health Insurance Pools?
- Healthcare Reform: Ohio To Start Accepting Applications for Interim High-Risk Health Insurance Pool August 1
- Healthcare Reform: Obama Administration Names Joel Ario to Oversee Health Insurance Exchange System