Before we head out to the weekend, we wanted to share a new tool to help folks figure out their out-of-network medical and dental costs: the Consumer Cost Look-Up by Fair Health. The Consumer Cost Look-Up helps consumers get an idea of their medical gets by letting them look up their procedure codes and the local costs of treatment by entering their zip codes.
The data for the estimates has been pooled from the experiences of more than 110 million health-insurance customers. So, for example, the Consumer Cost Look-Up estimates that in the Los Angeles area, a routine EKG will typically run about $100 of which $70 will be reimbursed by health insurance. As another example, it estimates that a patient in Houston can expect to see a bill of $1,204.51 for gallbladder removal after being reimbursed $2,810.51 — or 70% — out of a total charge of $4,015.02.
FAIR Health is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to help consumers understand the out-of-network reimbursement system and estimate out-of-network medical and dental costs. Our free website has an easy-to-use cost estimator tool to help with your healthcare expense planning.
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/oYEklw
- Open Enrollment Link of the Day: Money-Zine.com’s Health Insurance Cost Calculator
- Consumer Advocacy Group Calls for Review of All Health Insurance Rate Hikes in California
- Link Of the Day: Cutting Employer Healthcare Costs with OpenHealthMarket.Net
- Link of the Day: Do You Know How Much Crestor Will Cost You?
- Link of the Day: How Much Do Contraception and Women’s Health Services Cost Women?