We can hardly believe that Medicare Open Enrollment is less than a week away. If you haven’t thought about it yet, it’s time to dig out your Medicare Open Enrollment from under the pile of mail on your coffee table and get to work! If you’ve been diligent and looking over your Medicare Open Enrollment materials, you’re already one leg up!
As you’re going through your Medicare Open Enrollment materials, don’t forget about Medicare.gov. It may not be the prettiest, most user-friendly site around, but there is a ton of useful information on it, and the Find A Plan tool is still the most complete Medicare tool around. By entering your prescription information, you can get the potential costs for the Medicare Part D prescription drug plans available in your area: insurance premiums, deductibles, copays and coinsurance, etc.
One thing to be away of, though. If you have been an eager bunny and have already started going through your Medicare Open Enrollment and the Find A Plan tool, don’t forget that Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D prescription drug plans don’t have to update their information on Medicare.gov until October 15th. So if you’ve already started reviewing plans through Medicare.gov, you may be using outdated information.
Have you started looking at your Medicare Open Enrollment packet? Tell us about it!
- Medicare Open Enrollment: Healthcare Reform Changes to Medicare in 2011
- Medicare Open Enrollment: 3 Secrets to Signing Up For Your Medicare
- Did You Miss Medicare Advantage/Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season?
- Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season Over Tomorrow!
- Medicare Open Enrollment: 5 Tips to Save You From Medicare Scams