We know that it’s still the first week of Medicare Open Enrollment, but this is just a friendly reminder to not let the packet your received from your Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D prescription drug plan gather dust.
Don’t just sit there! Open it! And make sure that there are no unexpected changes to your Medicare plan. Besides the obvious changes (health insurance premiums going up!), other less obvious changes to parts of your health insurance plan like deductibles, co-pays, prescription drug formularies, and maximum out-of-pockets, can make big differences to your annual healthcare costs. If your health insurance plan is making changes this year, it’s time to break out a calculator and do a little math to find out what those changes could cost you and whether you might have some better options.
If you haven’t checked it out yet, we’ve just added a handy little calculator to help you figure out your annual healthcare costs. Just plug in some basic information about your health insurance plan, your doctor(s) and the prescription drug(s) that you take, and the calculator will help you figure out how much you will probably spend on your healthcare next year.
Check it out! The MyHealthCafe.com Health Expense Calculator
Have you looked at your Medicare Open Enrollment materials yet? Tell us about it!
- Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season Over Tomorrow!
- Did You Miss Medicare Advantage/Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season?
- Medicare Open Enrollment Is Here! Are You Ready?
- Medicare Open Enrollment: Are You Using the Medicare.gov Website?
- Medicare Open Enrollment: 3 Secrets to Signing Up For Your Medicare