If you live in the Sacramento area, are uninsured and have had your eyes clouded by cataracts, there may be light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. Staff members of Kaiser Permanente are offering free sight-restoring cataract surgeries to uninsured patients who cannot otherwise afford the surgery. The cataract surgeries are being offered in association with Mission Cataract, a national organization which offers free cataract surgery to people of all ages who have no means to pay.
If you are interested in the free cataract surgery program, please call (916) 973-7159 to sign up for a screening. Screenings for the cataract surgeries will take place on April 14th at the Kaiser Permanente Point West offices at 1650 Response Road, Sacramento. The appointment line will be open until April 6th or until all the screening slots are filled. The cataract surgeries will take place in early May.
An estimated 15 million people in the world are blinded by cataracts.
Do you know someone who suffers from cataracts? Tell us about it in our forum!
- More Information on Remote Area Medical (RAM) Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Sacramento April 1st Thru April 4th
- Remote Area Medical’s Free Medical, Vision, Dental Clinic in Sacramento Starts Today, Oakland Clinic Starts April 9th
- Remote Area Medical to Provide Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Sacramento, April 1st to 4th
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) To Provide Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Sacramento April 1st to 4th
- Free and Low-Cost Mammograms in Stockton, San Jose and Sacramento in February