More health insurance hikes on the way in California. Health Net has been given the go-ahead by the California Department of Insurance to move forward on its proposed health insurance premium increases. Health Net’s health insurance premium increases will affect an estimated 38,000 individual health insurance policyholders in California.
California health insurance premiums have been making news all year. Anthem Blue Cross made national headlines earlier this year when it filed a proposal to increase the health insurance premiums of its individual health insurance policyholders by an average of 20% in California, and some policyholders would have had their health insurance premiums increased by as much as a whopping 39%. Those proposed health insurance premiums stunned a nation, galvanized consumer advocates, and is widely credited with having pushed the struggling healthcare reform bill across the finish line. Anthem Blue Cross was forced to withdraw its original proposal for increased health insurance premiums when an independent actuarial review discovered multiple errors in its filing.
Are your health insurance premiums going up this year? Tell us about it!
- Anthem Blue Cross Finally Moves Ahead with Health Insurance Rate Hikes; Increases Will Average 14%
- Anthem Blue Cross Proposes New Health Insurance Increases in California; New Health Insurance Hikes Would Average 14%
- California Insurance Commission to Review New Health Insurance Hikes, Aetna, Anthem, Blue Shield and Health Net
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina to Raise Health Insurance Premiums For Individual Policies
- Consumer Advocacy Group Calls for Review of All Health Insurance Rate Hikes in California