We don’t know if you’re noticed our handy Medicare Open Enrollment counter to the left, but there are only one week left of Medicare Open Enrollment left! Are you ready for Medicare Open Enrollment season to be over?
You better be, especially if you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan! Remember, this year Medicare Advantage enrollees will only have one chance to change their Medicare Advantage plans, and after that, will be locked into that plan for all of 2012.
Traditionally, Medicare Advantage enrollees also had the option to switch their plans during January, February and March of each year, but that “Open Enrollment” period is no longer available to you starting this year. If you have relied on the traditional enrollment period in January, February and March to review your Medicare Advantage options and change your plan, beware! You only have until December 7th of this year to switch your plan!
After December 7th, you will still have the option to disenroll from your Medicare Advantage plan until February 14th, and you will be allowed to enroll in traditional Medicare and a separate Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.
With so little time left to make any changes this year, it is crucial that you start reviewing your options if you haven’t already. For example, although some Medicare Advantage premiums will go down next year, some Medicare Advantage plan premiums are still expected to go up! Don’t be caught unaware!
Are you prepared for Medicare Open Enrollment? Tell us about it!
- Only One Month Left in Medicare Open Enrollment… Have You Made Your Choices Yet?
- Only Two Weeks Left of Medicare Open Enrollment; Have You Made Your Choices Yet?
- Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season Over Tomorrow!
- Did You Miss Medicare Advantage/Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season?
- Christmas Eve and Medicare Open Enrollment Season is Almost Over!