We don’t know if you’re noticed our handy Medicare Open Enrollment counter to the left, but there are only two weeks left of Medicare Open Enrollment left! Are you ready for Medicare Open Enrollment season to be over?
You better be, especially if you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan! Remember, this year Medicare Advantage enrollees will only have one chance to change their Medicare Advantage plans, and after that, will be locked into that plan for all of 2011.
Traditionally, Medicare Advantage enrollees also had the option to switch their plans during January, February and March of each year, but that “Open Enrollment” period is no longer available to you starting this year. If you have relied on the traditional enrollment period in January, February and March to review your Medicare Advantage options and change your plan, beware! You only have until December 31 of this year to switch your plan!
After December 31, you will still have the option to disenroll from your Medicare Advantage plan until February 15th, and you will be allowed to enroll in traditional Medicare and a separate Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.
With so little time left to make any changes this year, it is crucial that you start reviewing your options if you haven’t already. For example, although average Medicare Advantage premiums will go down approximately 1% next year (about $155 annually), some Medicare Advantage plan premiums are still expected to go up! Don’t be caught unaware!
Are you prepared for Open Enrollment Season? Tell us about it!
- Medicare Open Enrollment Is Here! Are You Ready?
- Have You Noticed Our New Feature? Medicare Open Enrollment is Coming!
- Medicare Open Enrollment: CMS Suspends Universal American, Health Net and Arcadian Health From Open Enrollment
- Medicare Advantage: Are You Prepared For A Shortened Open Enrollment Season This Year?
- Medicare Open Enrollment: Healthcare Reform Changes to Medicare in 2011