Quick Medicare reminder! It may still be summer, but don’t forget that Medicare Open Enrollment starts early this year! If you’re thinking about switching your Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D prescription drug plan, mark the dates between October 15th and December 7th!
Like last year, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D enrollees will only have one chance to change their Medicare plans, and after that, will be locked into that plan for all of 2012. Last year, seniors who were switching their Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D plans had from November 15th to December 31st to change plans, but the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services is moving the Medicare Open Enrollment dates up this year.
In addition, traditionally, Medicare Advantage enrollees also had the option to switch their plans during January, February and March of each year, but that “Open Enrollment” period is no longer available to you starting this year. If you have relied on the traditional enrollment period in January, February and March to review your Medicare Advantage options and change your plan, be particularly careful!
- Reminder: Tomorrow Is Last Day to Switch Out of Medicare Advantage This Year!
- Did You Miss Medicare Advantage/Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season?
- Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Open Enrollment Season Over Tomorrow!
- Christmas Eve and Medicare Open Enrollment Season is Almost Over!
- Only Two Weeks Left of Medicare Open Enrollment; Have You Made Your Choices Yet?