A very important reminder to our friends in New Orleans and on the Gulf Coast. The Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic will be visiting New Orleans August 27-29 and providing a free medical and dental clinic to benefit those who have been suffering hardship due to the Gulf Oil Spill disaster and continue to suffer hardship in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Remote Area Medical expects to provide free medical, dental, and vision treatment during the three days of the free healthcare clinic.
RAM plans to hold a two-prong event with one location being in St. Bernard Parish and the second in Plaquemines Parish. The two coastal parishes are considered to have the greatest need for free medical services at this time.
If you are interested in receiving free healthcare at the RAM event in New Orleans, start making plans as soon as possible. During RAM‘s week-long free medical and dental clinic in Los Angeles this spring, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn.
If you are a medical professional interested in volunteering for the free healthcare clinic in Louisiana, the Louisiana State Boards of Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, and Nursing have agreed to issue temporary volunteer permits to out-of-state health care professionals at no cost. Malpractice coverage will also be provided. In particular, the following medical volunteers are needed: Dentists, Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Ophthalmologists (eye disease and possible refraction), Optometrists, Opticians, Ophthalmic Techs, MDs/Dos, and RNs.
Are you planning on getting free healthcare from RAM in New Orleans? Tell us about it!
- 4th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina And Oil Spill: Remote Area Medical To Provide Free Healthcare Clinic In New Orleans August 27-29
- Free Healthcare Returns to Los Angeles: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Clinic Visits Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington D.C.
- Too Much Demand for Remote Area Medical Clinic in Los Angeles; All Registration Wristbands Gone
- Remote Area Medical Clinic Concludes in Los Angeles; Nearly 7,000 Received Free Healthcare and Dental Care
- UPDATE: Remote Area Medical Clinic Starts Tomorrow in Los Angeles, 5,600 Already Signed Up