A reminder to our friends in Tennessee. The Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic will be holding their first free clinic of 2012 at the Jacob Building in Knoxville, Tennessee on February 4th and 5th, providing free medical, dental and vision care to the uninsured, underinsured, unemployed and anyone else who cannot pay for care, both adults and children.
Lines can be long and start early in the morning; numbers will be given out around 3:30 AM each day prior to the clinic opening. Gates open at 6:00 AM EDT, and patients are seen on a first come, first served basis. For the best chance of being seen, plan to arrive early in the evening before the day you wish to receive treatment . Be prepared for rain and cool weather and bring snacks. Once registered, be prepared for long waits before being seen by a doctor.
We can’t emphasize enough: If you are interested in receiving free healthcare at the RAM event, plan to get there early. During RAM‘s week-long free healthcare clinic in Los Angeles last year, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn. Some supplies are only available until they run out.
The RAM clinic will be located at Jacob Building, 3301 Magnolia Avenue, Knoxville, Tennessee.
Are you planning on attending one of RAM’s clinics this year? Tell us about it!
- Remote Area Medical Will Offer Free Medical, Dental and Vision Care in Knoxville, Tennessee February 4th, 5th
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision on February 5th and 6th in Knoxville, Tennessee
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Oneida, Tennessee January 22nd and 23rd
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Nashville, Tennessee on February 19th and 20th
- Remote Area Medical Will Offer Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Henderson, Tennessee on October 22nd, 23rd