A reminder to our friends in Tennessee. The Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic will be visiting the Boys and Girls Club of Scott County in Oneida, Tennesse on January 22nd and 23rd, providing free medical, dental and vision care to the uninsured, underinsured, unemployed and anyone else who cannot pay for care, both adults and children.
Be sure to arrive early. Lines can be long and start early in the morning. Doors open at 6:00 AM EDT, and patients are seen on a first come, first served basis. Patients should plan to arrive on site no later than 3:30AM for the best chance of being seen. Be prepared for rain and cool weather, and bring snacks. Once registered, be prepared for long waits before being seen by a doctor.
We can’t emphasize enough: If you are interested in receiving free healthcare at the RAM event, plan to get there early. During RAM‘s week-long free healthcare clinic in Los Angeles last spring, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn. Some supplies are only available until they run out.
The Boys and Girls Club of Scott County is located at:
Boys and Girls Club of Scott County
17025 Alberta Street
Oneida, Tennessee 37841
More information on RAM’s clinic this weekend is available here.
Are you planning on attending one of RAM’s clinics this year? Tell us about it!
- Remote Area Medical 2011 Schedule Out, Free Medical, Dental and Vet Care in Tennessee and Virginia
- Remote Area Medical (RAM): Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Smithville, Tennessee November 13th-14th
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Signal Mountain, Tennessee on October 23-24
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Free Medical and Dental Clinic Returns to New Orleans, August 27-29
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Smithville, Tennessee