A head’s up to our friends in Chicago. The Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic will be visiting Malcom X College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago from August 19th to the 21st, providing free medical, dental and vision care to the uninsured, underinsured, unemployed and anyone else who cannot pay for care, both adults and children. The free clinic is being hosted by the Cure Network (the Collaborative Underserved Relief and Education Network) of Chicago.
More information is one its way, but keep in mind the following: patients are seen on a first come, first served basis. For the best chance of being seen, plan to arrive early in the evening before the day you wish to receive treatment . Be prepared for the weather and bring snacks. Once registered, be prepared for long waits before being seen by a doctor.
We can’t emphasize enough: If you are interested in receiving free healthcare at the RAM event, plan to get there early. During RAM‘s week-long free healthcare clinic in Los Angeles last year, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn. Some supplies are only available until they run out.
Are you planning on attending one of RAM’s clinics this year? Tell us about it!
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Nashville, Tennessee on February 19th and 20th
- Remote Area Medical Clinic Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Nashville, Tennessee February 19th and 20th
- Remote Area Medical Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Anderson, County, Clinton, Tennessee April 30th and May 1st
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Virginia on July 22nd, 23rd, 24th
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Oneida, Tennessee January 22nd and 23rd