A reminder to our friends in Tennessee. The Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic will be visiting the Jacob Building, Chilhowee Park in Knoxville, Tennesse on February 5th and 6th, providing free medical, dental and vision care to the uninsured, underinsured, unemployed and anyone else who cannot pay for care, both adults and children.
Be sure to arrive early. The gates will open at midnight, numbers will be passed out starting at 3:30 a.m., and doors will open at 6:00 a.m. Lines can be long and start early in the morning. Patients are seen on a first come, first served basis. Patients should plan to arrive on site no later than 3:30AM for the best chance of being seen. Be prepared for cold weather, and bring blanket, drinks and snacks. Once registered, be prepared for long waits before being seen by a doctor. You will be able to wait in your car until the clinic opens.
We can’t emphasize enough: If you are interested in receiving free healthcare at the RAM event, plan to get there early. During RAM‘s week-long free healthcare clinic in Los Angeles last year, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn. Some supplies are only available until they run out.
Next week’s RAM clinic will be located at:
Jacob Building, Chilhowee Park
3301 Magnolia Avenue
Knoxville, Tennessee 37914
More information on RAM’s clinic this weekend is available here.
Are you planning on attending one of RAM’s clinics this year? Tell us about it!
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Oneida, Tennessee January 22nd and 23rd
- Remote Area Medical (RAM): Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Oneida, Tennessee January 22nd-23rd
- Remote Area Medical (RAM): Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Smithville, Tennessee November 13th-14th
- Remote Area Medical 2011 Schedule Out, Free Medical, Dental and Vet Care in Tennessee and Virginia
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Smithville, Tennessee