A big reminder and head’s up to anyone without health insurance or who is underinsured and needing medical, dental and/or vision care in the Sacramento, California area. After its successful free clinic in Los Angeles last year, the Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic plans to visit Sacramento, California and provide free medical and dental care to thousands from April 1st through 4th. Last year, RAM held the largest free healthcare clinic ever in Los Angeles and provided free medical and dental care to 7,000 people needing care.
RAM is planning on offering the following:
DENTAL: Cleanings, fillings, extractions. Pediatric dentistry is available.
VISION: Vision exam and free prescription glasses made onsite. (NOTE: As time and supplies permit – May not be able to make glasses for everyone.)
MEDICAL: Pediatric exams; adult physicals & medical consults (including diabetes and hypertension); chiropractors; acupuncture; blood lab work; chest X-rays; medication assistance; and many other medical specialties available.
We’ll post more information as it becomes available, but we’re sending out this early head’s up so anyone who is interested can plan ahead. During RAM‘s week-long free healthcare clinic in Los Angeles last year, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn. Some supplies such as a prescription eyeglasses are only available until they run out.
For more information on RAM and its schedule to provide free medical care, visit the RAM website at RAM USA.
Are you planning on visiting a free healthcare clinic this year? Tell us about it!
- Remote Area Medical to Provide Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Sacramento, April 1st to 4th
- Head’s Up: Remote Area Medical Will Offer Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care In Oakland, California April 9-12
- Remote Area Medical (RAM): Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Oneida, Tennessee January 22nd-23rd
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Oneida, Tennessee January 22nd and 23rd
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Nashville, Tennessee on February 19th and 20th