A head’s up to our friends in South Dakota. The Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic will be visiting Rosebud, South Dakota from July 7th through July 9th, providing free medical, dental and vision care to the uninsured, underinsured, unemployed and anyone else who cannot pay for care, both adults and children.
Lines can be long and start early in the morning; numbers will be given out between 12 Midnight and 3:30 AM each day prior to the clinic opening. Gates open at 5:30 AM EDT, and patients are seen on a first come, first served basis. For the best chance of being seen, plan to arrive early in the evening before the day you wish to receive treatment . Be prepared for rain and cool weather and bring snacks. Once registered, be prepared for long waits before being seen by a doctor.
We can’t emphasize enough: If you are interested in receiving free healthcare at the RAM event, plan to get there early. During RAM‘s week-long free healthcare clinic in Los Angeles last year, thousands lined up for days in advance in order to receive free medical treatment. Volunteers were able to treat 7,000 patients, many of whom had lost their jobs and their health insurance in the economic downturn. Some supplies are only available until they run out.
- Remote Area Medical Will Bring Free Medical, Dental, Vet Care To Kentucky on June 9th, 10th
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Virginia, July 22 – 24
- Remote Area Medical Will Bring Free Medical, Dental and Vision Care to Virginia March 3rd and 4th
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care in Virginia on July 22nd, 23rd, 24th
- Remote Area Medical Clinic Offers Free Medical, Dental, Vision in Nashville, Tennessee February 19th and 20th