Even though this is next month, we’re putting it out there early so those of you in Michigan can jump on it. St. Joseph Mercy Oakland (SJMO) in Pontiac, Michigan will offer a limited number of free screening mammograms on January 8th to women who meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Oakland County
- Have no health insurance or are underinsured
- Need a mammogram
- Are age 40 or older or have a palpable mass (one that can be felt)
The hospital has established a special Breast Cancer Screening Clinic Saturday, Jan. 8, 2011, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Alice Gustafson Ambulatory Surgery Center on the hospital campus, 44405 Woodward Ave., Pontiac. Pre-registration is required. The limited number of appointments will be filled on a first call, first served basis. Call 1-800-372-6094 for a possible appointment.
Those eligible for this special Breast Cancer Screening Clinic will receive:
- Free screening mammogram
- Breast examination by a female breast surgeon
- Educational materials
This Breast Cancer Screening Clinic is supported in part by the Pink Ribbon Trailblazers, a grass-roots community fundraising group that provides funding for mammograms for underserved women in Oakland County.
Have you had your mammogram this year? Tell us about it!
- Longmont Clinics Offers Free Mammograms in Colorado Through January 2011
- Kennedy Health Offers Free Mammograms in New Jersey During December
- Free Mammograms Still Available on October “Pink Saturdays” In Michigan
- St. Mary’s Breast Center Offers Free Mammograms In Evansville, Indiana on Saturday
- Low-Cost Mammograms Available Through December at Southern California’s Providence Saint Joseph Breast Health Center