Despite the best efforts by organizers, all wrist bands for the massive weeklong free healthcare clinic at the Los Angeles Sports Arena were gone by 11 a.m. this morning. In a follow-up to the largest free healthcare clinic ever held in Los Angeles, the Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic opened yesterday and began providing free medical and dental care to thousands to anyone signed up. Last year, RAM visited Los Angeles and provided free medical and dental care to 6,300 people needing care. This year, organizers hope to treat 8,400 patients.
Pre-registration is required for anyone seeking services during the seven-day clinic, and organizers hope to be able to see 1,200 a day over the course of the week. Due to a shortage of medical and dental volunteers, organizers are unsure whether they will reach their goal, despite keeping the clinic open an additional two hours past scheduled close yesterday.
Although organizers hoped to give out an additional 2,000 wristbands this morning, after treating spillover patients from yesterday, organizers only had 750 wristbands left to give out and all were gone within an hour. You Must Have a Wristband to Receive Treatment!
RAM also plans to visit Chicago from August 26-28 and Washington, D.C. later this year, as well as other smaller communities.
For more information on RAM and its schedule to provide free medical care, visit the RAM website at RAM USA.
- UPDATE: Remote Area Medical Clinic Starts Tomorrow in Los Angeles, 5,600 Already Signed Up
- Update: Los Angeles Remote Area Medical Clinic Started Today; 2,000 Wristbands Still Available
- Free Healthcare Returns to Los Angeles: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Clinic Visits Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington D.C.
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Clinic Visits Los Angeles 4/27-5/3, 2,500 Already Signed Up
- Reminder! Remote Area Medical (RAM) Visits Los Angeles to Provide Medical And Dental Care