Just another quick update to anyone without health insurance or who is underinsured and needing mental and/or dental care in Southern California. In a follow-up to the largest free healthcare clinic ever held in Los Angeles, the Remote Area Medical (RAM) mobile clinic opened this morning in Los Angeles and began providing free medical and dental care to thousands to anyone signed up. Last year, RAM visited Los Angeles and provided free medical and dental care to 6,300 people needing care. This year, organizers expect to treat 8,400 patients.
Pre-registration is required for anyone seeking services during the seven-day clinic, and organizers hope to be able to see 1,200 a day over the course of the week. Wristbands are being handed out at the Los Angeles Sports arena downtown. RAM founder Stan Brock has already noted that while the clinic will try to see as many patients as possible, due to the overwhelming demand for help, it is unlikely they will be able to see everyone.
According to our latest information, only 2,000 wristbands are left and they will be given out starting at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning. If you are planning to seek free medical and dental care from the clinic, you need to sign up as soon as possible. You Must Have a Wristband to Receive Treatment!
RAM also plans to visit Chicago from August 26-28 and Washington, D.C. later this year, as well as other smaller communities.
For more information on RAM and its schedule to provide free medical care, visit the RAM website at RAM USA.
- UPDATE: Remote Area Medical Clinic Starts Tomorrow in Los Angeles, 5,600 Already Signed Up
- Free Healthcare Returns to Los Angeles: Remote Area Medical (RAM) Clinic Visits Los Angeles, Chicago and Washington D.C.
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Clinic Visits Los Angeles 4/27-5/3, 2,500 Already Signed Up
- Reminder! Remote Area Medical (RAM) Visits Los Angeles to Provide Medical And Dental Care
- Dental School Clinics: Affordable, Quality Dental Care Even if You Don't Have Dental Insurance