If you have been looking for free or low-cost dental care in the Los Angeles area, this is great news. The Venice Family Clinic is the largest free health clinic in the country, with eight sites in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, and Culver City, and it has opened its first dental clinic.
Venice Family Clinic started its dental program in late 2007. At first, the staff dentist worked out of spare chairs at local dental offices and later dental services were provided from mobile dental chairs at two of the Clinic’s locations. The new, dedicated 1,800 square foot space features six operatories, an x-ray room, and a laboratory with room for a second staff dentist and dental volunteers. This addition doubles Venice Family Clinic’s capacity to provide dental care—a type of care that fully one-fifth of Angelenos cannot afford. The dental clinic is projected to serve 1,500 patients through about 5,600 dental visits. In addition, its location within Venice Family Clinic’s Simms/Mann Health and Wellness Center enables patients to receive more health services in a single location.
Venice Family Clinic serves more than 24,400 men, women, children, teens, and seniors annually. Ninety-seven percent are low-income and nearly three-quarters are uninsured. Most live on the Westside of Los Angeles County. Venice Family Clinic provides more than 106,000 primary care, specialty care, mental health, dental, and health education visits annually. All services – including diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up care, and laboratory tests – are provided free of charge. Particular emphasis is placed on the needs of women, children, the homeless, and those with chronic diseases.
How long has it been since you visited the dentist? Tell us about it!
- 1,500 Show Up for Free Medical, Dental, Vision Care From RAM In Oakland; 2,000 More Expected
- Reminder: Remote Area Medical Free Medical and Dental Clinic Returns to New Orleans, August 27-29
- Remote Area Medical to Provide Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic in Sacramento, April 1st to 4th
- Remote Area Medical Free Medical, Dental, Vision Clinic at Oakland-Alameda Coliseum April 9th-12th
- One More Option for Free and Low-Cost Dental Care: Mobile Dental Clinics